TREATMENT: Lash Perfect Eyelash Extensions. SK use the brand ‘Lash Perfect’ for their eyelash extensions which are the number one choice for semi-permanent individual eyelash extensions.
TALK US THROUGH IT:
Last week I had the privilege of having my first ever set of beautiful eyelash extensions, applied by the lovely Sophia. I’ve never had eyelash extensions before, but have always wanted to give them a go, I love the look of long, curly eyelashes! I have to admit that Mascara is my go to make-up product – I think it makes the biggest difference. So, the idea of having my lashes done was very intriguing, especially if it meant that I could wake up in the morning with already perfect eyelashes.
I was told to turn up to my appointment with no eye-makeup on - fresh, clean eyelashes are best, so that the therapist can get started straight away. Also upon booking, SK will ask you to get a patch test done, at least 48 hours before your appointment. Safety first, the eyes are not an area you would want a reaction.
The application itself took just over an hour, initially we discussed how I wanted them to look, I didn’t want them to look like false eyelashes, just naturally glamourous – but with a noticeable difference (slightly contradictory, but Sophia knew what I meant, thank goodness). You can go for as natural or as dramatic as you like, with a selection of lengths, curls and thicknesses to choose from.
I chatted with Sophia throughout, she said she really enjoys this treatment and has always had a knack for it, so I knew I was in safe hands. It is quite intricate work, and you have to be so delicate, each individual lash is applied to the base of your natural lashes, so patience is a must!
The treatment itself is relaxing, as long as you don’t mind lying on a bed for just over an hour with your eyes closed, listening to spa music, and napping is encouraged (thumbs up). You don’t feel a thing, and Sophia said most do people fall asleep, and I am pretty certain I had a quick doze, as that hour went rather quickly! Make sure you don’t open your eyes at all throughout the treatment, there are fumes from the glue when it’s wet which will sting so as long as your eyes are closed, you will be fine.
When I first looked in the mirror – I was very surprised. Don’t get me wrong I liked the look, but I was also sure that everyone would be able to notice that they were extensions. Wrong! Neither my colleagues nor my partner noticed my new eyelashes until I pointed them out. Warning: Lashes may appear bolder to the person wearing them.
See for yourself….
The extensions seemed to have diminished the appearance of my bags as well…!
Now that I am used to the look, I love them. I feel half ready when I wake up in the mornings, and I am not really bothering with any other eye make-up, I just don’t feel like I need eyeliner or eyeshadow, I do put a little mascara on my bottom lashes and that’s it, good to go.
Would I do it again? Definitely. I love how they look – looking after them is slightly time consuming, but I am slowly getting used to it. I just need to be careful when cleansing my face, and to make sure I comb and dry them gently after a shower. I can’t help but admire them every time I look in the mirror, so that makes up for that!
I was warned that once you have extensions it is hard to go without them, and I can certainly see me having them done again, especially for occasions or holidays.
Lash Extension Tips:
- Don’t get them wet for at least 24 hours, 48 if you can, this involves using a steam room/sauna, or sweating (great excuse to have a break from the gym). This is just to make sure the glue has fully adhered, and you don’t risk the look of clumping.
- Maintenance is key. Yes, they look fabulous, but keeping them clean and dry can prove somewhat problematic at times.
- They can get wet after the 24-48-hour period (so don’t panic that you need to start wearing goggles in the shower) just comb them afterwards, and I have been told I can use a hairdryer on them (coldest setting only!!!!) to dry them in place.
- Do not perm, tint, curl or put mascara on your lash extensions. Leave them be for as long as possible, except for the occasional (and very gentle) groom.
- Do not pull the eyelashes off!! If for whatever reason you want them removed, please go back to the spa, and let a professional do it, it isn’t worth damaging your natural lashes!
- If looked after they should last around 4 weeks, you may notice a few lashes falling out in the second week. Unless you get infills in week 3, they may start to look sparse, at this point a layer of mascara shouldn’t do any harm to blend them into your natural lashes if you are not planning on having infills.
Enjoy your fabulous lashes!!!!